Laser hair removal is one of the most popular hair removal procedures in Michigan and the whole of the country. While many men and women choose to shave or wax their hair, these procedures do have their downsides. However, laser hair removal is becoming more and more popular as it is a permanent method of removing unwanted hair and constant grooming. However, it’s not always clear what the pros and cons of laser hair removal for Michigan men and women are.
Let’s take a look at these pros and cons now so you can make a more informed decision:
The Pros of Laser Hair Removal
- Laser hair removal has the ability to reduce hair growth drastically. This may well mean that you won’t have to ever shave, or wax anymore.
- You can have laser hair removal anywhere on your body. This means you won’t have to feel conscious about having hair on your legs, face, genitalia, back, neck and other areas.
- The laser hair removal is fast, which means the procedure is unlikely to take as long as shaving your legs.
- The whole procedure is not painful. Topical numbing medication is applied prior to the procedure and a chill tip numbs the skin is as the procedure progresses.
- Laser hair removal becomes easier as you progress through the treatments. This is because the hairs become sparse and there is less concentrated hairs..
- When you undergo laser hair removal, the procedure is likely to leave you with a lot more confidence knowing you are always groomed and prepared for life events.
- Any skin type can now be treated with laser hair and darker skin is not an issue
The Cons of Laser Hair Removal
- Multiple sessions are required as the follicle is eliminated only when it is in a particular growth phase which is only about 18% of the time. Some Michigan women and men find they need between 3 and 8 treatments, but this depends on the size of the area that’s being treated.
- Laser hair removal tends to work better on dark hair. This is because the laser focuses on the pigment of the hair.
- Because heat is what destroys the follicle a temporary blister is possible but rare. Rest assured you will heal if this occurs.
As you can see, when it comes to laser hair removal, there are more pros than cons. This procedure is an increasingly popular one for Michigan women and Men. Laser hair removal is a procedure that is becoming even more effective as technology advances.
If you are considering having laser hair removal please contact us today. All of our technicians are highly trained and know how to ensure you get the best results possible. If you’re conscious about your hair or you have any questions, contact Dr. Gray and Skin Deep Spa today at 248-538-3333. We look forward to answering your questions.